We are finally back in stock and super excited to introduce you to the enhanced Cleanse: Daily Probiotic Facial and Beard Wash. This is the same great wash that’s been our bestseller for years now, but with a few added benefits.
What's new:Enhanced formula to focus on protecting your skin’s microbiome and barrier function while purifying your face and hair follicles. In order to have healthy skin (and facial hair) your skin needs to have a healthy microbiome and properly functioning acid mantle. When those are thrown out of whack, you are vulnerable to numerous skin conditions and risk infection and skin dehydration. Washes – and especially soap – are notorious for raising your skin’s pH while striping away essential oils. Ever wash your face and it feels tight afterwards? That is a sign of face wash-induced acid mantle damage. And while our skin is incredibly resilient and can bounce back from these transgressions, problems arise when this occurs day after day after day. In fact, washing with too aggressive a soap can kick your oil production into overdrive. If oily skin or acne is a concern, using the wrong wash or washing too much can actually make matters worse. We’ve added several new ingredients to help your skin (and microbiome).
- Lactococcus Ferment Lysate – A probiotic ingredient that positively influences both the quality and speed of epidermal growth resulting in better barrier function, recovery and skin renewal. In vitro studies conducted by the ingredient manufacturer also show this probiotic can increase the thickness of the outermost layer of the skin and stimulate the production of antimicrobial peptides beneficial for both skin and skin microbiota health.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) – Visibly improves dull or uneven skin tone, helps regulate oil production, reduces the appearance of skin blemishes, fine lines and wrinkles. Can help your skin grow the lipid barrier which helps retain moisture. Niacinamide also helps build cells in the skin while protecting from environmental stressors like pollution.
New packaging! We want to be part of the solution and not part of the problem, which is why we’re now using airless pumps made from recycled plastic. Our old fliptop tubes were made from virgin plastic. Aside from helping the environment, our new packaging provides additional benefits:
- Prolonged freshness and potency. Exposure to air can cause oxidation that subsequently breaks down skincare products, reducing the freshness and potency of the formulas over time. The airless pump design of the new packaging prevents these issues.
- Precise dosage. Ever squeeze a tube and accidentally get more wash than you bargained for? Us too. Very annoying, especially if you cannot get the excess back into the packaging. Our new pumps provide 0.5cc every pump, every time.
- Accessibility. As a service disabled veteran-owned small business, we want to ensure our products are accessible to all our customers. Prior to the pandemic, we received an email from a longtime customer asking if we had any plans to package more of our products in pumps. At the time, only our beard oil was in a pump. This particular customer sustained injuries in combat and does not have use of both hands. When we received his email we knew then and there that we would transition all of the products we could into pumps. And not just any pumps, airless pumps with a wide base that can easily be used one-handed.
That covers what’s new. So what’s the same?
If you’ve used our Face & Beard Wash before, Cleanse is still the invigorating cleanser you know and love.
For the skin - gently cleanses and refreshes without over-drying or spiking oil production. Cleanse is packed with grime-capturing surfactants that wash away the bad while leaving the good. Probiotics and niacinamide help skin renewal, strength and barrier function.
For the beard - dirt, grime and pollution are gently removed while moisturizers are added. Botanicals help reduce beard itch and beardruff while neutralizing beard odors.
As always, all of our products are fragrance free. Cleanse maintains its fresh and invigorating scent that is a joy to use but won’t stick around after the sudsy business is done. What’s left is a truly fresh and clean face and beard.
What’s new with stubble + ‘stache
We are now a certified Benefit Corporation! Certified B-Crops are businesses that meet the highest verified standard of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability.
- Ocean waste plastic removal. We’ve partnered with the ReSea Project and with every website order, we remove five plastic bottles from the ocean. Our goal is to become one of the very few plastic negative companies that actually reduce plastic waste instead of adding to it.
- Carbon neutral shipping. We employ AI that calculates the carbon emissions to get your order from us to you. We then donate to forest preservation initiatives that offset those emissions. We're currently helping fund the Jarí Para Forest Conservation Project in the Amazon Rainforest.